GDPR comes into force on 25 May 2018
Are you ready?
If you are a business owner, ask yourself these two questions
- What is 4% of your turnover?
- How many clients’ details are on your database or client list?
Now imagine you have lost both of those things – 4% of your annual turnover and you ability to contact all of your clients for marketing purposes.
What you need to know
If you retain or process any personal data then you must ensure that you meet the relevant conditions of the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
So, what is personal data?
Personal data is data that relates to a living individual if that individual can be identified from such data. Under the GDPR the definition of personal data is more detailed than under the Data Protection Act and includes online identifiers such as an IP address.
Personal data also includes data that you hold relating to your employees and staff!
Consent and accountability are key themes throughout the GDPR and you must ensure that you are compliant, adhere to the conditions outlined in the GDPR when collecting and processing personal data and demonstrate how your are complying with the principles of the GDPR.
How GDPR could KILL your business
- Fines of up to 4% of your annual turnover
- Fines of up to €20million
- Increased Rights for individuals
- Right to Erasure
- Right to Restrict
- Right to Object
- Right to Data Portability
- Time for dealing with Subject Access Requests reduced
- No fee to deal with Subject Access Requests
- Suspension from processing personal data
- ICO warnings
- Compensation claims from individuals
- Increased records keeping
- Increased onus on audit trails and accountability
How Lennons can SAVE your business
- GDPR Policy
- Retention Policy
- Privacy Statement
- Privacy Notice for staff
- Register of Breaches
- Valid Consents
- Dealing with Subject Access Requests
- Record Keeping
- Staff Awareness Training
- Bespoke Training for your business
To find out how Lennons could save your business
Contact Leah Waller on 01494 77 33 77 for a FREE initial consultation