Things every employer should consider before taking on their first employee
- Register with HMRC as an employer
- How much will you pay your employee, be sure to consider the National Minimum Wage and any increases?
- Have you got Employers’ Liability Insurance in place?
- Does your potential employee have the right to work in the UK?
- Do you need to apply for a DBS check on your employees?
- Have you got an Employment Contract in place and ready for use?
- Have you got a staff handbook and policies in place?
- Do you have to enrol your staff into a pension scheme?
- Are you aware of your employee’s legal rights?
- Have you planned an induction and appropriate training for the new employee?
Lennons undertake an array of employment law issues.
If you are in need of any assistance with Employment Law, please contact our Employment Law team on 01494 773377 or email email@example.com.
Please note that whilst we take every reasonable endeavour to ensure that the information and commentary is up-to-date and factual, any information or commentary is for information purposes only and is provided free of charge. Any opinions expressed are reserved and entirely those of the author. There is no assumed liability by Lennons, its employees or principals as to the contents and its correctness or accuracy, or for any consequences that may follow if the content or information is relied on.
The content, information or opinions expressed do not, and are not intended to, constitute legal advice by any means. If you require advice, we strongly advise that you speak with a specialist lawyer or legal advisor who is authorised to provide you with legal advice and not to rely on any commentary or information on this site.