Lennons Solicitors Complaints Handling Policy
Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality service to our clients. This includes a commitment to putting things right when they go wrong. This policy explains how we will deal with any complaint that is referred to us. Your complaint might concern the way in which you have been dealt with, the quality of advice you have received or any invoice that you have received.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint please contact Jenny Russell, Compliance Director. You can contact her by post at:
2 Broadway Court
Buckinghamshire HP5 1EG
or by email at:
It is preferable that you put your concerns into writing but if you find it difficult to do so she can be contacted by telephone:
To explain to you how long this process might take we have included our target times for each stage of the process. Where, for any reason, it is not possible to observe any of these limits we will let you know and explain why.
What will happen next?
- 1. On receipt of your complaint Jenny Russell will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint. We will open a file for your complaint in our system and Jenny Russell will examine the file that we have on the work that we have been doing for you. We would look to acknowledge your complaint within three working days of receiving it and will complete our initial examination within twenty-one days.
- 2. We might then invite you to a meeting or we will write to you to ask for further information. Alternatively, we might write to you setting out our views on the situation and suggesting any redress that we would feel to be appropriate. We will aim to write to you with our views and any suggestions within seven days of completing our investigation.
- 3. Where we feel that we have failed in our standards we could offer an apology, a reduction of any bill or a repayment in relation to any payment received.
- 4. If, by this stage, you are still not satisfied, please let us know. It would be helpful to us if you could do so within the next twenty-one days but there is no obligation on you to do so. We will then arrange to review our decision. We would generally aim to do this within fourteen days of hearing from you. We will usually do this by asking another director of this firm to review the file that we have on your complaint and see if they agree with our response.
- 5. We will let you know the result of the review within seven days of the end of the review and will do so by writing to you to confirm our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- 6. You may, if you wish, approach the Legal Ombudsman who provides a service examining complaints against lawyers, including solicitors’ firms. He will usually expect us to have concluded our examination of your complaint within eight weeks and will usually expect to have complaints referred to him within six months of the end of our complaints handling process as set out above. The services provided by the Legal Ombudsman are limited to individuals and smaller organisations – for more details see his website. The full details of how to contact the Legal Ombudsman are as follows:
Telephone: 0300 555 0333
Minicom: 0300 555 1777
Address: Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We will do our best to address any dissatisfaction that you have experienced in using the services of this firm. Our primary objective is to put things right.