A new opportunity has arisen to work as a Legal Cashier at our law firm based in Chesham, Buckinghamshire.
Applicants should have previous, relevant industry experience, i.e. have worked in the accounts department of a law firm. Candidates that have not worked in the accounts department of a law firm will not be considered for interview.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Operate Chaps receipts and payments and bacs receipts
- Bank reconciliations
- Check, process and post bills
- Cheque payments
- Error Reporting
- Matter ledger queries
- Assist with lawyer and secretary technical queries
- Any ad-hoc postings (such as Land Registry, search fees, time transfers, write offs)
- Carrying out any other reasonable tasks as might be required from time to time
The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of SRA accounts rules and Money Laundering Regulations
- Knowledge of online banking
- Able to prioritise effectively & remain calm under pressure
- Accurate & shows attention to detail
- Enthusiastic & hard working with a positive attitude
- Excellent telephone manner & customer service
- Knowledge of MS Office including Excel (essential)
- Knowledge of Proclaim Accounts (desired but not essential)
- Good numeracy and computer literacy skills
- Strong team working skills
The successful candidate will be required to cover all levels of the Accounts Department as required to enable the permanent team to work on a new management system project.
This is a full-time position and salary is dependent on experience.
If you are excited by this opportunity, please submit your CV and a covering letter by email to email@example.com