Legal Assistant / Secretary
We currently have a fantastic position available for a Legal Assistant to join our Litigation / Employment department.
We have offices in Chesham, Amersham and Beaconsfield and this permanent full-time position is based in our Head Office in Chesham.
The successful candidate will hold the following practical skills:
- Audio typing
- Good IT skills – email, internet, Word
- Time management skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong telephone skills
- General administration/office skills
- Ability to deal sensitively and effectively with clients
- Ability to use office equipment – photocopying documents, bundles for court, etc.
- Experience of Dispute Resolution, Litigation or Employment advantageous but not essential.
General responsibilities include:
- File opening and closing
- Recovering files from storage
- Filing and updating filing cabinets
- Audio typing and file work as requested
- Provide a high level of administrative support and assistance to the Head of Employment and Dispute Resolution / Litigation Solicitor
- To ensure that administrative duties are completed and returned to the appropriate fee earner in a timely, efficient and accurate manner
- Data capture
- Data entry and management on Case Management System
- Diary management and arranging appointments
- Requesting Land Registry documents as required
- Undertaking online anti-money laundering searches as required
- Affecting personal service of documents (if required)
- Dropping off post at the Post Office/local addresses (if required)
- Reception cover (if required)
- Other duties as required at the company’s offices in Chesham, Amersham & Beaconsfield
Candidates must be confident to deal with clients and other stakeholders, have a friendly and approachable disposition and be well-presented.
If you are interested in this role, please apply by submitting a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. A full job specification is available upon request.